Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Restaurant Review: Metropolitan Grill

Calgary Metropolitan Grill. I went there for a company team lunch yesterday. I would rate is as very bad. First the coke the brought me was almost pure carbon soda, they didn't notice that is was lighter than an ice tea. It also took them over 45 minutes to take our order. Probably because they have a guaranteed tip with corporate groups. Veggie specific problems: there is NOTHING on the menu thats vegetarian other than perhaps a salad. I ended up getting a chicken/bacon sandwich with avocado swapped for the meat. It's nice they have avacoda at least. I asked for no mayonaise so the sandwich had no condiment so was pretty bland. I should have asked for vinegeraite or margerine but changing a menu item usually confuses the server enough that I thought substituting a condiment was pushing it (anyone else have problems making simple substitions, it seems like its brain surgery sometimes). The fries were extremely greasy (if you like arby's fries, then you will like these I heard). Overall, probably the worst veggie restaurant in town. I'll never go back unless its just for drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment