Vegetarians in Calgary better like veggie subs, otherwise choice is pretty limited in a foodcourt (its already extremely limited).
I'd say the tastiest was the original veggie sub at Quiznos, they've replaced with a veggie lite sub which is cheaper but not as good (contains cheese). you can still get the orginal at some locations but they are 3 or 4 dollars more. Subway is very good, as their veggies and tomatoes are almost always perfect. Toasted is pretty good. Both the Quiznos and Subway subs are pretty bland without cheese, and I like to eat vegan as much as possible. There's a new sub place in my food court called Chachis which has a pretty tasty veg sub even without cheese (havarti) as it has pesto (yum!) and artichokes (thats original!) which are pretty flavorful.
The out and out winner though is a good tofu vietnamese sub! I love the crusty buns, the carrots, the onions, the peanut sauce, and the tofu. I use my homemade peanut sauce whenever possible. The only place downtown that makes a tofu sub is Thai Thai, and I got ill everytime I had one. Vietnamese subs with cheese are tasty too, but i prefer tofu.
Rankings
#1 Vietnamese tofu sub
#2 Chachis (because cheese isn't required for tastiness)
#3 Quiznos - the buns are better
#4 Subway - still very good
if only one of these places offered AVOCADO! (not guac, but actual sliced avocado).
Homemade
Inspired by Chachis and some sandwiches my wife made once, I made a pretty tasty sub/sandwich today with pesto (green and red) artichoke hearts, red pepper, spinach, tomato and hummous. Very good, I just need to add avocado and onion to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment